The ISL8273M is a 80A step-down DC/DC power supply module with an integrated digital PWM controller, dual-phase synchronous power switches, inductors and passives. Only input/output capacitors and minimal passives are needed to finish the design. 80A of continuous output current can be delivered without a need of airflow or heatsink. The ISL8273M uses ChargeModeTM control (ASCR) architecture, which responds to a transient load within a single switching cycle.
The ISL8273MEVAL1Z evaluation board is a 4.7inx4.8in 8-layer FR4 board with 2oz. copper on all layers. This evaluation board comes with placeholders for pin-strap resistor population to adjust output voltage, switching frequency, soft-start/stop timing and input UVLO threshold, ASCR gain and residual parameters and device PMBusTM address. More configurations, such as sequencing, Digital-DCTM (DDC) bus configuration and fault limits can be easily programmed or changed via PMBus compliant serial bus interface.
The optional ZLUSBEVAL3Z (USB to PMBus adapter) is provided with this evaluation board, which connects the evaluation board to a PC to activate the PMBus communication interface. The PMBus command set is accessed by using the PowerNavigatorTM evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows. The ISL8273MEVAL1Z can operate in pin-strap mode without needing the ZLUSBEVAL3Z adapter or PMBus communication.
- VIN range of 4.5V to 14V, VOUT adjustable from 0.6V to 2.5V
- Programmable VOUT, margining, input and output UVP/OVP, IOUT limit, OTP/UTP, soft-start/stop, sequencing and external synchronization
- Monitor: VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, switching frequency and faults
- ChargeMode™ control tunable with PMBus
- Mechanical switch for enable and power-good LED indicator
- Server, telecom, storage and datacom
- Industrial/ATE and networking equipment
- General purpose power for ASIC, FPGA, DSP and memory