The ISL8240MEVAL3Z and ISL8240MEVAL4Z evaluation boards allow you to easily evaluate the ISL8240M dual 20A/single 40A step-down switching mode DC/DC analog power module. The ISL8240MEVAL3Z evaluation board enables a single output by paralleling two phases to deliver 40A continuous load current. The ISL8240MEVAL4Z evaluation board is designed for dual 20A output applications. Optionally, this board can easily be converted for 40A single output use.
These evaluation boards show how easy it is to apply the ISL8240M high-power, current-sharing DC/DC analog power module to power-hungry datacom, telecom, and FPGA applications. All that you need for a complete design are the ISL8240M module, a few passive components, and VOUT setting resistors.
- Fully-encapsulated dual step-down switching power supply
- Up to 100W output from a 17mmx17mm PCB footprint
- Dual 20A or single 40A output
- Up to 94% conversion efficiency
- 4.5V to 20V input voltage range
- 0.6V to 2.5V output voltage range
- 1.5% output voltage accuracy with differential remote sensing
- Output overvoltage, overcurrent and over-temperature protection
- QFN package with exposed leads permits easy probing and visual solder inspection
- Computing, networking and telecom infrastructure equipment
- Industrial and medical equipment
- General purpose point-of-load (POL) power