The ISL78420EVAL1Z evaluation board is designed for a user to evaluate the ISL78420 100V 2A half-bridge driver with tri-level PWM input for driving the gates of two NMOS FETs in a half-bridge configuration. These NFET MOSFETs are included on the evaluation board to evaluate a half-bridge driven load such as a DC motor or a synchronous switching regulator.
The ISL78420 is offered in a 14 Ld HTSSOP package enhanced with a thermal EPAD. It operates from a supply voltage of 8V to 14V DC with the capability of driving a highside NMOS FET in a 100V half-bridge configuration. A unique tri-level PWM input allows control of both the high and low-side gate driver with a single input. When the PWM pin is left in a floating high impedance state both gate drivers are turned off, which is beneficial for multiphase DC/DC switching that requires phase shedding.
- 2A source and sink NMOS gate drivers
- Internal level shifter and bootstrap diode for gate driver on high-side FET
- Up to 100V high-side gate drive reference
- 8V to 14V bias supply operation
- Single PWM input for high-side and low-side gate driver with tri-level for turning off both drivers
- Single resistor adjustable dead time from 35ns to 220ns
- Automotive applications
- Multiphase boost (ISL78220/225)
- Half-bridge DC/DC converter
- Class-D amplifiers