The ISL6115EVAL1Z and ISL6115AEVAL1Z evaluation boards are default provided as +12V high side switch controllers with the CR level set at ~1.5A (ISL6115EVAL1Z) or ~2.5A (ISL6115AEVAL1Z)
Bias and load connection points are provided along with test points for each IC pin. With J1 installed the ISL6115/A will be biased from the +12V supply (VIN) being switched. Connect the load to VLOAD+. PWRON pin pulls high internally enabling the ISL6115/A if not driven low via PWRON test point or J2.
With R3 = 750Ω the CR Vth is set to 15mV and with the 10mΩ sense resistor (R1) the ISL6115EVAL1Z has a nominal CR level of 1.5A. The 0.01µF delay time to latch-off capacitor results in a nominal 1ms before latch-off of output after an OC event.
With R3 = 1.24kΩ the CR Vth is set to 24.8mV and with the 10mΩ sense resistor (R1) the ISL6115AEVAL1Z has a nominal CR level of 2.5~A. The 0.01µF delay time to latch-off capacitor results in a nominal 1ms before latch-off of output after an OC event.
Also included with the ISL6115EVAL1Z board are one each of the ISL6116, ISL6117 and ISL6120 for evaluation of those ICs in a high side application. Remove J1 and provide a separate +12V IC bias supply via VBIAS test point.
Reconfiguring the ISL6115EVAL1Z and ISL6115AEVAL1Z boards for a higher CR level can be done by changing the RSENSE and/or RISET resistor values as the provided FET is rated for a much higher current.
- HOT SWAP Single Power Distribution Control
- Overcurrent Fault Isolation
- Programmable Current Regulation Level
- Programmable Current Regulation Time to Latch-Off
- Rail-to-Rail Common Mode Input Voltage Range
- Internal Charge Pump Allows the Use of N-Channel MOSFET for +12V Control
- Undervoltage and Overcurrent Latch Indicators
- Adjustable Turn-On Ramp
- Protection During Turn-On
- Two Levels of Overcurrent Detection Provide Fast Response to Varying Fault Conditions
- 1μs Response Time to Dead Short
- Pb-Free Available (RoHS Compliant)
- Power Distribution Control
- Hot Plug Components and Circuit