The ISL59605-SPI-EVALZ board allows evaluation of the ISL59605 (MegaQ™) IC, and provides a reference schematic and PCB layout of a MegaQ implementation on a 4-layer PCB. In addition to the MegaQ equalization path, the board features a USB interface that allows access to, and control of, the MegaQ internal configuration registers, enabling several features that are not available when using the stand-alone configuration.
The ISL59601, ISL59602, ISL59603, ISL59604, and ISL59605 (the “MegaQ™” product family) are single-channel adaptive equalizers designed to automatically compensate for long runs of Cat 5/6 or RG-59 cable, producing high quality video output with no user interaction. The ISL59601 equalizes Cat 5/6 up to a distance of 1000 feet (300 meters), while the ISL59605 equalizes up to 5300 feet (1600 meters).
- ISL59605 Equalizes Up to 1 Mile (1600m) of Cat 5/6 and Up to 6000 Feet (1800m) of RG-59
- Fully Automatic, Stand-Alone Operation - No User Adjustment Required
- ±8kV ESD Protection on All Inputs
- Automatic Cable Type Compensation
- Compatible with Color or Monochrome, NTSC or PAL Signals
- Automatic Polarity Detection and Inversion
- Compensates for ±3dB Source Variation (in Addition to Cable Losses)
- Optional Serial Interface Adds Additional Functionality
- 5MHz -3dB Bandwidth
- Works with Single-Ended or Differential Inputs
- Output Drives Up to Two 150Ω Video Loads
- Surveillance Video
- Video Distribution