The ISL29101IROZ-EVALZ is an RoHS compliant evaluation board used to evaluate the ISL29101 low power ambient light-to-voltage optical sensor. The sensing range for this device is from 0.5Lux to 10kLux typically and the device has been optimized for use with a 100kΩ output scaling resistor (REXT). The device and the evaluation board will work from a 3V supply.
In normal operation, the ISL29101 is intended to be mounted behind a smoked glass/plastic bezel, which normally significantly attenuates received light. This low light optimized analog output sensor will typically saturate at full scale with an incident illumination of around 1500Lux, which is a fair deal lower than normal indoor ambient light conditions (2k to 10kLux).
- ISL29101 sensor IC
- 100kΩ output scaling resistor
- 0.5Lux to 10kLux sensing range
- Will work from a 3V supply
- Display and keypad dimming for:
- Mobile devices: smart phone, PDA, GPS
- Computing devices: notebook PC, webpod
- Consumer devices: LCD-TV, digital picture frame, digital camera
- Industrial and medical light sensing