The ISL94202EVKIT1Z is a kit that facilitates testing of the ISL94202 Li-ion battery pack monitor and control IC. The evaluation kit contains:
- ISL94202EVAL1Z evaluation board
- MCB_PS_Z multicell power supply test board
- ISL94202INTFACEKIT1Z USB to I2C interface kit, includes a PCB and I2C cable
- USB cable, connects PC to USB-I2C interface board
The ISL94202 monitors cell voltage, current, and temperature. It converts the cell voltages, pack current, and temperatures to 12-bit digital values, provides cell balance control, and provides complete stand-alone battery pack operation.
Default stand-alone operation of the ISL94202 can be overridden by an external microcontroller. The PC based GUI includes functions to monitor stand-alone operation and to demonstrate operation with an external microcontroller.
- Status LEDs monitor RGO, EOC, SD, and PSD conditions
- Jumper configuration single or split path applications
- Wakeup push button for "Exit Sleep" control
- FETs off push button for quick all FETs off condition
- Cell balance LEDs for MCB process observation
- PCB layout accommodates "solder braid" addition for high current evaluation
- Software enables real time observation and data collection of 14 analog measurements and 27 digital status indicators
- Power tools
- Battery back-up systems