These devices are highly efficient, monolithic, synchronous step-down DC/DC converters that can deliver up to 3A of continuous output current from a 2.7V to 5.5V input supply. They use peak current mode control architecture to allow very low duty cycle operation. The devices operate at 1MHz switching frequency, thereby providing superior transient response and allowing for the use of a small inductor.
The ISL80030DEMO1Z and ISL80031DEMO1Z are offered in an 8 Ld 2mmx2mm DFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies less than 64mm2 area.
- Small, compact design
- VIN range of 2.7V to 5.5V
- IOUT maximum is 3A
- Switching frequency is 1MHz
- Negative current protection
- Internal soft-start and soft-stop
- Overcurrent and short-circuit protection
- Over-temperature/thermal protection
- General purpose POL
- Industrial, instrumentation and medical equipment
- Telecom and networking equipment
- Game console