The HIP6521EVAL1 evaluates the HIP6521 PWM and triple linear power controller. This evaluation board embodies a 4-output regulator solution targeted at supplying power to the system memory (2.5V), system clock (2.5V), ICH/MCH chip set core (1.8V), and the 4X AGP video (1.5V), with provisions for ACPI power management implementation.
The HIP6521 was created to complement a multiphase buck controller in creating a complete power solution for the typical Pentium 4 system. Athlon-class processor based systems (AMD) may also benefit from the HIP6521.
- Provides 4 Regulated Voltages
- ACPI Compatible
- Simple Single-Loop Control Design
- Fast PWM Converter Transient Response
- Excellent Output Voltage Regulation
- Overcurrent Fault Monitors
- Small Converter Size
- Motherboard Power Regulation for Computers