The SH7724 (SH-MobileR2R) is a system LSI that incorporates SH-4A CPU core operating at maximum frequency of 500MHz, FPU (Floating-point Processing Unit), cache memory (primary and secondary), DDR2/MobileDDR-SDRAM controller, VPU5 (Video Processing Unit 5), 2D graphics accelerator, video I/O, LCD controller, ATAPI interface, TS interface and sound input/output,10M/100Mbps Ethernet controller etc. The SH7724 supports advanced power management function, and satisfies both the demand of high performance and the low power consumption requested from mobile devices.
- Maximum operating frequency
- Maximum processing performance (at 500 MHz operation)
- 900MIPS , 3.5GFLOPS
- Primary cache: Separated into 32 Kbytes for instructions and 32 Kbytes for data
- Secondary cache: Mixed 256 Kbytes for instructions and data
- H-UDI , UBC
- 449-pin BGA, 441-pin POP-compatible BGA
- Other features
- VPU5 (Video Processing Unit 5) image processing IP supporting the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC moving image compression standard. It enables 30 fps (frame per second) encoding and decoding of HD(1280x720) size moving images. Also it supports MPEG4 encode/decode and VC-1 decode.
- On-chip 2D graphics accelerator improves rendering performance such as bold line drawing or anti-aliasing
- 24-bit color compatible TFT-LCD controller.
- Expanded edge emphasis function ( It can realize high-quality display of terrestrial digital TV broadcasts, ensuring that the picture does not appear fuzzy when enlarged from QVGA to VGA or WVGA size.)
- 128-Kbyte media RAM (MERAM) that can be defined up to 32 inter connect buffers (ICB)
- Video output unit (based on ITU-R BT.601 and ITU-R BT.656)
- DDR2/Mobile DDR-SDRAM can be connected directly (32-bit data bus width)
- ATAPI interface allowing connection to a HDD or DVD drive
- USB 2.0 host and function (high-speed support)
- SD host interface (high-speed specification support and an optional CPRM support)
- 10M/100Mbps Ethernet controller etc.
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
You can find an explanation of orderable part numbers here.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|
The information contained herein has been provided by a member of Renesas Partners. This information is provided on the Renesas website provided for convenience and informational purposes only. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of this page or any changes or updates to the information posted on this page. Certain links provided herein permit you to leave this site and enter non-Renesas sites. These linked sites are not under control of Renesas. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Renesas of any linked site.
Renesas's Publication of information regarding third-party products or services does not constitute an endorsement regarding the suitability of such products or services or a warranty, representation or endorsement of such products or services either alone or in combination with any of Renesas's product or service.