The R-Car V3H system-on-chip (SoC) from the Renesas Autonomy™ platform for ADAS and automated driving support Level 3 and above. It follows the heterogeneous IP concept of the Renesas Autonomy platform™, giving the developer the choice of high-performance computer vision at low power consumption, as well as the flexibility to implement the latest algorithms. (Note 1).
The R-Car V3H SoC is optimized for its application in stereo front cameras and achieves five times higher computer vision performance than its predecessor, the R-Car V3M SoC. The R-Car V3H SoC is focused on architecture optimization for computer vision processing. It enables all relevant ADAS functions from NCAP (e.g. lane keeping, road sign detection, and emergency braking) to fully automated driving.
Note 1: NCAP (New Car Assessment Program): A government car safety program tasked with evaluating new automobile designs for performance against various safety threats.
- Low power consumption and highly-efficient image recognition engine
- High-speed processing of algorithms like optical flow, object detection and classification, and convolutional neural networks
- Dual Arm® Cortex®-A53 for application programming and dual Cortex-R7 lockstep cores to run AUTOSAR
- Integrated ISP enables high level of integration for reduced cost
- Open solution for front camera supported by Renesas and its ecosystem of partners
- Front camera
- Surround view systems