The ZL9024M is a 33A step-down DC/DC power supply module with an integrated digital PWM controller, single phase synchronous power switches, inductors, and passives. Only input/output capacitors and minimal passives are needed to finish the design. The 33A of continuous output current can be delivered without the need for airflow or a heatsink. The ZL9024M uses ChargeMode™ control (ASCR) architecture, which responds to a transient load within a single switching cycle.
The ZL9024MEVAL1Z evaluation board is a 3in x 4.5in 6-layer FR4 board with 2oz. of copper on the surface layers and 1oz. of copper on the buried layers. This evaluation board comes with placeholders for pin-strap resistor population to adjust output voltage, switching frequency and device PMBus address. More configurations, such as sequencing, Digital-DC™ (DDC) bus configuration and fault limits can be easily programmed or changed through the PMBus compliant serial bus interface.
The optional ISLUSBEVAL1Z (USB to PMBus adapter) is provided with this evaluation board, which connects the evaluation board to a PC to activate the PMBus communication interface. The PMBus command set is accessed by using the PowerNavigator™ evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows. The ZL9024MEVAL1Z can operate in pin-strap mode without needing the ISLUSBEVAL1Z adapter or PMBus communication.
- VIN range of 2.75V to 4V, VOUT adjustable from 0.6V to 1.5V
- Programmable VOUT, margining, input and output UVP/OVP, IOUT limit, OTP/UTP, soft-start/stop, sequencing, and external synchronization
- Monitor: VIN, VOUT, VDRV, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, switching frequency, and faults
- ChargeMode control tunable with PMBus
- Mechanical switch for enable and power-good LED indicator
- Server, telecom, storage, and datacom
- Industrial/ATE and networking equipment
- General purpose power for ASIC, FPGA, DSP, and memory