The ZL2106EVAL1Z evaluation board is used to evaluate the features of the highly configurable ZL2106 6A Digital-DC synchronous step-down DC/DC converter in either stand-alone mode or via an I2C/SMBus interface. A USB-to-SMBus reference board can be used to connect the ZL2106EVAL1Z board to a PC. The PMBus command set is accessed by using the PowerNavigator evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows.
The ZL2106 is an innovative power conversion and management IC that combines an integrated synchronous step-down DC/DC converter with key power and fault management functions in a small package, resulting in a flexible and integrated solution.
- Small, compact design
- PMBus control
- Pin-strap selection for stand-alone operation
- VOUT settable from 0.6V to 5V
- Convenient power connection
- On-board enable switch
- Power-good indicator
- Telecom, networking, storage equipment
- Test and measurement equipment
- Industrial control equipment
- 5V and 12V distributed power systems