- Real-Time Industrial IoT (IIoT) Gateway: Renesas will demonstrate a secure, end-to-end gateway solution communicating as an OPC UA server that can be connected to any OPC UA client or to a cloud interface. Based on the RZ/N1 MPU, the Renesas IIoT gateway solution collects sensor data from the factory floor and sends it to the cloud for real-time analysis leveraging OPC UA and analytics technologies from Beeyond Incorporated and Bruviti respectively. The Renesas RZ/N1 MPU enables OT-IT connection on the same chip via a unique core-to-core mechanism that facilitates data transfer between two cores operating in OT and IT environments.
- Secure Chip-to-Cloud Connectivity Over Cellular using the Synergy Platform: As more devices come online at the edge, the flexibility to wirelessly connect to the cloud using Wi-Fi or cellular becomes increasingly important. The Synergy AE-CLOUD2 kit is an out-of-the-box reference design and starting point for developers to quickly connect to their preferred enterprise clouds, such as Microsoft Azure™, Amazon Web Services™ or Google Cloud Platform™ via Wi-Fi or cellular networks. The AE-Cloud2 kit features the Renesas Synergy S5D9 MCU alongside a wide array of sensors, and is certified globally for operation on 4G/LTE CAT-1 and CAT-NB1 cellular networks.
- Real-Time Asset Tracking: Renesas and Medium One will demonstrate a complete end-to-end solution for next-generation, cloud-based asset tracking with the RX-based LoRa Network solution. Featuring Renesas MCUs, Medium One cloud services, and sub-GHz communication protocols, the solution allows users to “follow the dots” to remotely track and manage assets in real time in the cloud using a smartphone and other mobile devices.
- Energy Harvesting with Silicon-on-Thin-Buried-Oxide (SOTB™) Technology: The SOTB agriculture soil monitoring proof of concept will demonstrate the use of Renesas’ unique integrated solution to manage harvested energy at the MCU level by leveraging ambient energy sources such as wind, light, thermal, vibration and flow. Featuring the ultra-low power SOTB R7F0E embedded controller product, the solution allows energy harvesting technologies to drive sensor networks in environments that require battery-free sensors or sensors that function for long periods without battery replacements.
- Embedded Security for a Connected World: Renesas will host a series of mini seminars in the booth to explore common security use cases and threats. Renesas will highlight innovative MCU-based security features that help secure embedded applications from malicious attacks, provide authentication functions that mitigate device cloning, and ensure trusted network communications that protect intellectual property while enabling secure firmware field upgrades via secure device boot support.
Contact your Renesas representative for demo times
RX 65N Dots on a Map LoRA
Renesas and Medium One present a cloud-based demo using RX MCUs
- Renesas-Medium One Partnership
- Enables quick jumpstart on applications
- Reference designs and E2E solutions
- End-to-end IoT solution
- Customizable for a variety of applications
- Easy to quickly get Cloud connected
- Complete Asset Tracking solution from device to cloud application
- RX-based end nodes with Lora, GPS and sensors
- RX-based gateway with Wi-Fi to cloud
- Visualize assets, configure alerts and analytics
- White label ready and easy to customize
Robotic arm demo
Real-time IIOT gateway. RZ/N connectivity to industrial ethernet networks and cloud / in-plant network infrastructure.
- Sensor to Cloud Data Demonstration
- Operational Technology (OT) and Information Technology (IT) connectivity gateway solution on a single chip
- Demonstrating OPC-UA and MQTT data transfer to the cloud
- Predictive Analytics and OPC-UA Client / dashboard via our partners Beeond and Bruviti
- Synergy Sensor Boards to gather data
- Core to Core Communication between (Cortex-M3 and Cortex-A7)
- Real-time Analytics
- IoT Protocols: MQTT, OPC-UA, TCP
- Gateway with a single Chip
RL78/G1D Bluetooth Low Energy Multi-Hop Solution
The Renesas BLE multi-hop solution adopts flooding method with relay nodes executing both transmission and reception. The solution can be utilized for the applications that require command broadcasting such as a lighting control system and data aggregation such as a sensor system.
- Simple and robust multi-hop solution based on RL78/G1D Bluetooth low energy 16-bit microcontroller
- Industry leading low RF peak current consumption (RX: 3.5mA)
- Free ready to use software stack with application layer modification capability
- Easy evaluation with received data and hopping routes display
- Managed by network ID and node ID
- Frame transaction isolation by the same network ID nodes
- Collision reduction by random delay
- Using advertising and scan
- 3 times of all 3 channels data transfer for better quality
- Device filtering option
- Security option by AES-CCM data encryption and message integrity check
- R01AN4375 (without Security)
- R01AN4466 (with Security)
Galvanic skin resistance (GSR) & body composition meter (BCM) solution.
- GSR Mode
- Skin Conductance as function of time
- Infer Stress Condition
- BCM Mode
- Body Impedance as function of time or frequency sweep
- Body Fat Mass, Body Mass Index
- Measures Body Temperature
- Mobile Access via iOS and Android apps
- Small Form Factor
- USB Charging
- Fuel Gauge
- USB Charging
- DC Conductance Measurement
- High-Precision AC Impedance
- Temperature Sensor
- Power Switch & LED