The ISL71026M is a radiation tolerant 3.3V CAN transceiver that is compatible with the ISO11898-2 standard for applications calling for Controller Area Network (CAN) serial communication in satellites and aerospace communications and telemetry data processing in harsh industrial environments.
The transceiver can transmit and receive at bus speeds up to 5Mbps. It can drive a 40m cable at 1Mbps per the ISO11898-2 specification. The device is designed to operate across a common-mode range of -7V to +12V with a maximum of 120 nodes. The device has three discrete selectable driver rise/fall time options, a listen mode feature, and loopback test capability.
The ISL71026M is available in a plastic 14 Ld TSSOP package. It operates across the temperature range of -55°C to +125°C. The logic inputs are tolerant with 5V systems.
- ESD protection on all pins: 5kV HBM
- Compatible with ISO11898-2
- Operating supply range: 3.0V to 3.6V
- Bus pin fault protection to ±20V
- Three selectable driver rise and fall times
- High data rates up to 5Mbps
- -7V to +12V common mode input voltage range
- Hi Z input allows for 120 nodes on the bus
- Cold spare: powered down devices/nodes will not affect active devices operating in parallel
- Full fail-safe (open, short, terminated/undriven) receiver
- Quiescent supply current: 7mA (max), Listen mode supply current: 2mA (max)
- Tin (Sn) free lead finish with Ni/Pd/Au-Ag lead finish
- Passes NASA Low Outgassing Specifications
- Characterized Radiation Level:
- 30krad(Si) at a low dose rate
- Single event effects at LET = 43MeV•cm2/mg
- Telemetry data processing in commercial satellites
- Low earth orbits (LEO) applications
- Launch vehicles and high altitude avionics