The ISL70002SEH is a radiation hardened and SEE hardened high-efficiency monolithic, synchronous buck regulator with integrated MOSFETs. This single chip power solution operates over an input voltage range of 3V to 5.5V and provides a tightly regulated output voltage that is externally adjustable from 0.8V to ~85% of the input voltage. Output load current capability is primarily determined by PVIN voltage with up to 22A for a single IC at PVIN ≤ 5.5V for TJ ≤ +125°C. Two ISL70002SEH devices, configured to current share, can provide up to 38A of total output current at PVIN ≤ 5.5V for TJ ≤ +125°C assuming ±27% worst-case current share accuracy.
The ISL70002SEH uses peak current-mode control with integrated error amp compensation and pin-selectable slope compensation. Switching frequency is also pin selectable to either 1MHz or 500kHz. Two devices can be synchronized 180° out-of-phase to reduce input RMS ripple current.
High integration makes the ISL70002SEH an ideal choice to power small form factor applications. Two devices can be synchronized to provide a complete power solution for large scale digital ICs, like Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) that require separate core and I/O voltages.
- DLA SMD 5962-12202
- Maximum output current for a single device: Up to 22A
- Maximum output current for two current sharing devices based on 27% worst case current share mismatch: Up to 38A
- Available in a thermally enhanced heat spreader package (R64.C)
- 1MHz or 500kHz switching frequency
- 3V to 5.5V supply voltage range
- ±1% reference voltage (line, load, temperature, and rad)
- Redundancy/junction isolation: exceptional SET performance
- Excellent transient response
- High efficiency >90%
- Two ISL70002SEH synchronization, inverted-phase
- Comparator input for enable and power-good
- Input undervoltage, output undervoltage, and adjustable output overcurrent protection
- QML qualified per MIL-PRF-38535
- Full military temperature range operation (-55°C to +125°C)
- Radiation environment
- High dose 100krad(Si)
- ELDRS 100krad(Si)*
*Level assured by characterization; “EH” version is production tested to 50krad(Si).
- SEE hardness
- SEL and SEB LETTH 86.4MeV/mg/cm2
- SEFI LETTH 43MeV/mg/cm2
- SET LETTH 86.4MeV/mg/cm2