The ISL70040SEH and ISL73040SEH are low-side drivers designed to drive enhancement mode Gallium Nitride (GaN) FETs in isolated topologies and boost type configurations. The ISL70040SEH operates with a supply voltage from 4.5V to 13.2V and has both inverting (INB) and non-inverting (IN) inputs to satisfy requirements for inverting and non-inverting gate drives with a single device.
The ISL70040SEH and ISL73040SEH have a 4.5V gate drive voltage (VDRV) generated using an internal regulator that prevents the gate voltage from exceeding the maximum gate-source rating of enhancement mode GaN FETs. The gate drive voltage also features an Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO) protection that ignores the inputs (IN/INB) and keeps OUTL turned on to ensure the GaN FET is in an OFF state whenever VDRV is below the UVLO threshold.
The ISL70040SEH and ISL73040SEH inputs can withstand voltages up to 14.7V regardless of the VDD voltage. This allows the ISL70040SEH and ISL73040SEH inputs to be connected directly to most PWM controllers. The ISL70040SEH and ISL73040SEH split outputs offer the flexibility to adjust the turn-on and turn-off speed independently by adding additional impedance to the turn-on/off paths.
The ISL70040SEH and ISL73040SEH operate across the military temperature range from -55°C to +125°C and are offered in an 8 Ld hermetically sealed ceramic Surface Mount Device (SMD) package or die form.
- Up to 14.7V logic inputs (regardless of VDDlevel)
- Inverting and non-inverting inputs
- Optimized to drive enhancement mode GaN FETs
- Internal 4.5V regulated gate drive voltage
- Independent outputs for adjustable turn-on/turn-off speeds
- Full military temperature range operation
- TA = -55°C to +125°C
- TJ = -55°C to +150°C
- Radiation hardness assurance (wafer-by-wafer)
- High Dose Rate (HDR) (50-300rad(Si)/s): 100krad(Si) (ISL70040SEH only)
- Low Dose Rate (LDR) (0.01rad(Si)/s): 75krad(Si)
- SEE hardness
- No SEB/L LETTH, VDD = 14.7V: 86MeV•cm2/mg
- No SET, LETTH, VDD = 13.2V: 86MeV•cm2/mg
- Electrically screened to DLA SMD 5962-17233
- Flyback and forward converters
- Boost and PFC converters
- Secondary synchronous FET drivers