The ISL3298EMRTEP is a ±16.5kV HBM ESD Protected (7kV IEC61000 contact), 3.0V to 5.5V powered, single transmitter for balanced communication using the RS-485 and RS-422 standards. This driver has very low bus currents (±40mA); therefore, it presents less than a 1/8 unit load to the RS-485 bus. This allows more than 256 transmitters on the network without violating the RS-485 specification 32 unit load maximum, and without using repeaters.
Hot Plug circuitry ensures that the Tx outputs remain in a high impedance state while the power supply stabilizes.
The driver on the ISL3298EMRTEP is not limited, so it can achieve a 16Mbps data rate and is offered in the -55°C to +125°C temperature range.
This devices also feature a logic supply pin (VL) that sets the switching points of the DE and DI inputs to be compatible with a lower supply voltage in mixed voltage systems.
For a companion single RS-485 receiver in micro packages, see the ISL3282EMRTEP.
- Specifications per DLA VID V62/10602
- Full mil-temp electrical performance from -55°C to +125°C
- Controlled baseline with one wafer fabrication site and one assembly/test site
- Full homogeneous lot processing in wafer fab
- No combination of wafer fabrication lots in assembly
- Full traceability through assembly and test by date/trace code assignment
- Enhanced process change notification
- Enhanced obsolescence management
- Eliminates need for up-screening a COTS component
- High ESD protection on RS-485 outputs: ±16.5kV HBM
- IEC61000-4-2 contact test method: ±7kV
- Class 3 ESD level on all other pins: >8kV HBM
- Specified for +125°C operation (VCC ≤ 3.6V only)
- Logic supply pin (VL) eases operation in mixed supply systems
- Hot plug - Tx output remains tri-state during power-up
- Low Tx leakage allows >256 devices on the Bus
- High data rates: up to 16Mbps
- Low quiescent supply current: 150µA (Max)
- Very low shutdown supply current: 1µA (Max)
- -7V to +12V Common Mode Output Voltage Range (VCC ≤ 3.6V Only)
- Current limiting and thermal shutdown for driver overload protection (VCC ≤ 3.6V Only)
- Tri-statable Tx output
- 5V tolerant logic input when VCC ≤5V
- Clock distribution
- High node count systems
- Space constrained systems
- Security camera networks
- Building environmental control/lighting systems
- Industrial/process control networks