The cycle-accurate simulator for RH850 is the instruction simulator to allow you to measure execution times with accuracy close to times on the actual machine through the use of a PC environment alone.
Verify operation by using the simulator set up for cycle accuracy interlinked with the Embedded Target for RH850 Multicore. You can also use the simulator in advance evaluation of the performance of an RH850 device even in an environment with neither the actual machine nor an emulator.
- Simulation of the operation of the CPU in access to the various types of memory in consideration of the access latencies
- Simulation of the basic functions(Note) of certain peripheral modules
- Generation of pseudo-interrupts with the use of a Python function
- Simulation of the running of executable files produced by compilers from Renesas (CC-RH) and Green Hills Software, Inc.
This is available for the following peripheral functions that the target devices support.
- Interrupt controller (INTC1)
- Inter-processor interrupts (IPIR)
- Exclusive control register (MEV)
- OS timer (in interval timer mode)
Form of Provision
A setting file and a license key are provided as follows for each supported series (the simulator does not cover all devices in the series).
- 1. Information file for cycle accuracy: This is a file of settings for running the CS+ instruction simulator for RH850 with cycle accuracy. We provide it in an installer format.
- 2. License key: The product is provided with a node-locked license with a one-year or three-month expiry period.
The CS+ simulator performs as a cycle-accurate simulator when the license key is registered with the license manager after installing the information file for cycle accuracy on the PC on which the CS+ integrated development environment has been installed.
Unless the above situation is set up, the simulator continues to perform as an instruction simulator which is not cycle-accurate.
Contact your local Renesas Electronics marketing office or distributor if you wish to introduce or obtain detailed information on these tools.
- 1. Please contact us to find out for which products of the series we offer support for cycle-accurate simulation.
- 2. For these multi-core devices, cycle-accurate simulation is only of the main CPU.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|