SQMlint is a tool to inspect C source codes according to MISRA C rules (Note1). Because SQMlint assists developers in source code review through automatic inspection, it helps to develop high-quality C source codes efficiently. Furthermore, because problem codes can be detected by only adding compile options, the user can correct problem codes as easily as when correcting compile errors.
[About MISRA C]
- 1. MISRA C refers to the guidelines for the use of the C language in vehicle-based software that have been created by the Motor Industry Software Reliability Association (MISRA), a nonprofit organization for software reliability that was organized primarily by the automotive industry. These guidelines stipulate 127 rules relating to the program description in C language, which are referred to as MISRA C rules.
- 2. "MISRA" and the triangle logo are registered trademarks of HORIBA MIRA Ltd, held on behalf of the MISRA Consortium.
The MISRA C rule checker is being supported with a compiler option by the following compilers professional editions.
- Compiler Package for RL78 Family (CC-RL)
- Compiler Package for RX Family (CC-RX)
- Compiler Package for RH850 Family (CC-RH)
Without buying a product separately, the MISRA C rule checker can be used.
Latest Ver.: V.1.03 Release 00B
Released: Oct 16, 2010
Details of upgrade (See Tool News)
- 1. "C/C++ Compiler Package for the R8C and M16C Families 2011.04 " (released on 1 April, 2011) bundles MISRA C Rule Checker SQMlint V.1.03 Release 00C which is identical in functionality with V.1.03 Release 00B.
- 2. When you run MISRA C Rule Checker SQMlint in combination with the C/C++ Compiler Package for H8SX, H8S, H8 Family V.7.00 or later, use SQMlint V.1.03 Release 00A or later.
- MISRA C rule inspection during compilation
- Source codes can be inspected against MISRA C rules by only specifying options when compiling the source files. There is no need to build an inspection-purpose environment.
- Adaptable to special options of the Renesas C compiler
- If special options such as one that handles the double type as float type are used, C source codes are inspected by taking the effects of those options into consideration.
- Usable in the Renesas integrated development environments, High-performance Embedded Workshop and TM
- You can make a tag jump in Renesas integrated development environment HEW or TM based on the output results and correct the C source codes on the spot. Therefore, deviations from MISRA C rules can be corrected in the same way as when correcting compile errors.
- Inspection results output in CSV format (Report file)
- The inspection results are output as report files in CSV format usable in spreadsheet software, and can be analyzed more efficiently by using bundled utilities.
[Number of MISRA C Rules that can be Inspected]
|Rule classification||Number of rules inspected (number of rules inspectable by SQMlint / total number of rules)|
- MISRA C rule checker: SQMlint
- Inspection result merge utility for SQMlint: SQMmerger
- Inspection result file format conversion utility for SQMlint: SQMform
- PDF manual
Cooperating Tools (Supported Compilers)
- C/C++ compiler package for SuperH RISC engine family V.9.00 Release 00 or later
- C compiler package for M32R Family, M3T-CC32R V.4.10 Release 1 or later
- C Compiler Package for R32C Series V.1.01 Release 00 or later
- C compiler package for M16C Family M32C/80, and M16C/80; M3T-NC308WA V.5.10 Release 1 or later
- C/C++ compiler package for M16C/60, M16C/50, M16C/30, M16C/20, M16C/10, M16C/Tiny Series and R8C Family; M3T-NC30WA V.6.00 Release 00 or later
- C compiler package for M16C/60, M16C/50, M16C/30, M16C/20, M16C/10, M16C/Tiny Series and R8C Family; M3T-NC30WA V.5.20 Release 1 to V.5.45 Release 01
- C/C++ compiler package for H8SX, H8S and H8 families V.6.01 Release 00 or later
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|