- All types of digital AV equipment (digital still cameras, digital video camera DVDs, etc.)
- Mobile phones, FAX machines, e-mail terminals, printers
- All types of commercial-use equipment
Compliant with JPEG baseline encoding system
Accelerator version (Target MCU: SH-Mobile3A, etc.)
- High-speed JPEG encoding/decoding with built-in CPU hardware IP
- Partition processing mode helps reduce need for system memory capacity such as frame buffer
All-Software Version All-Software JPEG Software Library
- C interface
- Image encode/decode function with the JPEG baseline coding system
- DCT high-speed calculation based on DSP function instructions and assembler tuning embedded in MCU
- Approximately 150ms (RX62N at 100MHz) to decode QVGA size (320 x 240, 4:2:2, approx. 25KB)
- Application sample program included
- Supports image formatting (Exif, DCF, etc.) and arbitrary horizontal component fraction
Hard accelerator version
- SH-Mobile Series
- RX600 Series
- RX200 Series
- M16C Family
- R32C Series
Development Tools Support
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,
receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest
version of tools.
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and
are no longer being offered for new projects.