The Renesas USB to PMBus Adapter (often referred to as a “dongle”) is used to connect a demonstration board with a PMBus interface to a PC. The USB to PMBus adapter is powered from the USB output of the host PC. The USB interface utilizes the USB Mini format, and the output uses a standard 2 row, 6 pin header on 0.100 inch centers. The PMBus command set is accessed by using the PowerNavigator™ evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows.
- Connect the USB Mini provided between the host computer and the USB to PMBus adapter
- Connect USB to PMBus adapter to demonstration board to test or evaluate
- Apply input power (labeled VIN) to the demonstration board
- Using the host PC’s internet browser, navigate to the PowerNavigator™ software page
- Follow the download instructions.
- Once the PowerNavigator™ software is installed, double-click on the PowerNavigator™ icon and follow the software’s instructions.
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase|
Note :Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.