This power line communication evaluation kit for direct current (DC) power lines can be used to carry out software development and system evaluation using the R9A06G037 PLC modem IC. (Two or more of this kit are necessary for evaluating PLC communication.)
Supported MCU and PLC modem IC
- MCU Group: RL78/G13
- Part number of MCU mounted on board: R5F100GLAFB
- PLC modem IC: R9A06G037
- Part number of PLC modem IC mounted board: R9A06G037
For detailed information about the microcontroller, see the RL78/G13 Group page.
The kit contains the complete circuit configuration necessary for DC power line communication, including analog front end (AFE), a microcontroller for control and a PLC modem IC.
The kit contains the following three boards.
- PLC board: PLC modem IC (R9A06G037) and AFE device (ISL15110)
- RL78/G13 MCU board: Microcontroller board for control (RL78/G13)
- Power filter board: PLC signal elimination filter for impedance upper and DC power source
Main unit outer dimensions: 1) + 2) 105mm x 70mm x 32mm and 3) 40mm x 70mm x 35mm
- 35.9375kHz - 90.625kHz
- 98.4375kHz - 121.875kHz
- 154.6875kHz - 403.125kHz
- 154.6875kHz - 487.5kHz
Power line voltage: DC16 - 48V
- Line feed: Feed from power supply to communication line (DC power line) (DC16 - 48V, 0.5A or more is recommended).
- External feed: External feed via AC adapter (DC16 - 48V, 0.5A or more is recommended).
- PLC (Power Line Communications) |
- R9A06G037 |
- GCPX3 Evaluation Kit J70D1 (Global Version): High-Voltage Edition |
- BCPX3 Evaluation Kit J80D1 (RX651): Low-Voltage Edition With Audio Support | BCPX3 Evaluation Kit J80D2 (RL78/G13): Low-Voltage Edition
Development Tool Support
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCUs.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of the tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of the tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|