The ISL8502AEVAL1Z and ISL8502EVAL1Z evaluation boards are used to evaluate the ISL8502 and ISL8502A synchronous buck controllers with internal MOSFETs.
The ISL8502 and ISL8502A are synchronous buck controllers with internal MOSFETs packaged in a small 4mm x 4mm QFN package. They can support a continuous load of 2A and have a very wide input voltage range. With the switching MOSFETs integrated into the IC, the complete regulator footprint can be very small and provide a much more efficient solution than a linear regulator. Power-good (PGOOD) delay for ISL8502A has been decreased to 1ms typical (at 500kHz switching frequency) compared to 250ms (at 500kHz) for ISL8502.
- 2A continuous output current
- Integrated MOSFETs for small regulator footprint
- Adjustable switching frequency, 500kHz to 1.2MHz
- Tight output voltage regulation, ±1% over-temperature
- Wide input voltage range, 5V ±10% or 5.5V to 14V
- Wide output voltage range, from 0.6V
- Simple single-loop voltage-mode PWM control design
- Input voltage feed-forward for constant modulator gain
- Fast PWM converter transient response
- Lossless rDS(ON) high-side and low-side overcurrent protection
- Undervoltage detection
- Integrated thermal shutdown protection
- Power-good indication
- Adjustable soft-start
- Point-of-load (POL) applications
- Graphics cards - GPU and memory supplies
- ASIC power supplies
- Embedded processor and I/O supplies
- DSP supplies
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase||Buy Direct|
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.