The ISL8120EVAL3Z evaluation board is used for a performance demo of dual independent outputs and DDR applications. And, the ISL8120EVAL4Z evaluation board is used for a performance demo of 2/n-phase single-output applications.
The ISL8120 integrates two voltage mode synchronous buck PWM controllers. It can be used either for dual independent outputs or a 2-phase single output regulator.
- Output voltage preset to 1.2V/25A (ISL8120EVAL3Z)
- Output voltage preset to 1.2V/50A (ISL8120EVAL4Z)
- Input power terminals
- Output lugs for load connections
- Input electrolytic capacitors used to handle the input current ripples
- Two upper and two lower Renesas “speed” series LFPAK MOSFETs are used for each phase
- 320nH PULSE surface mount inductors are used for each phase
- Two SANYO POSCAP 2R5TPF470M7L (7mΩ) are used as output E-caps (ISL8120EVAL3Z)
- Four SANYO POSCAP 2R5TPF470M7L (7mΩ) are used as output E-caps (ISL8120EVAL4Z)
- Remote sense posts to monitor and evaluate the system voltage regulations
- Power supply for datacom/telecom and point-of-load (POL)
- Paralleling power module
- Wide and narrow input voltage range buck regulators
- DDR I and II applications
- High current density power supplies
- Multiple outputs VRM and VRD
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase||Buy Direct|
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.