The ISL78229 and ISL78227 are automotive grade (AEC-Q100 Grade 1), 2-phase 55V synchronous boost controllers intended to simplify the design of high power boost applications. These devices enable simple, modular design for systems requiring power and thermal scalability, and offer highly robust solutions for the most demanding environments.
The ISL78229EV1Z board demonstrates the 2-phase synchronous boost operation and PMBus™ functionalities of the ISL78229. It verifies the high efficiency of synchronous boost operation and all the features of the IC including input constant current (CC) control, analog/digital tracking, diode emulation, phase dropping, PMBus functions, etc.
Combined with the Renesas PowerNavigator™ Software as the GUI and the included USB to PMBus Adapter (dongle, ISLUSBEVAL1Z), the user can conveniently evaluate the ISL78229’s PMBus functionalities, which provides access to a number of useful system control parameters and diagnostic features.
The ISL78227EV1Z board demonstrates the 2-phase synchronous boost operation of the ISL78227. It verifies the high efficiency of synchronous boost operation and all the features of the IC including input constant current (CC) control, analog/digital tracking, diode emulation, phase dropping, etc.
- Input/Output voltage withstands 55V DC and 60V transients
- Input average constant current (CC) control loop
- PWM and analog track functions
- Forced PWM operation with negative current limiting
- External synchronization
- Selectable continuous conduction mode (CCM), diode emulation (DE) and phase dropping (PH_DROP) modes
- Comprehensive protections
- Selectable hiccup or latch-off fault responses
- I2C/PMBus™ compatible digital interface to control/monitor operation parameters - ISL78229EV1Z Only
- Boards can be stacked for parallel operations
- Monitoring test points for key signals
- Automotive power systems (e.g., 12V to 24V, 12V to 48V, etc.)
- Trunk audio amplifier
- Start-stop system
- Automotive boost applications
- Industrial and telecommunication power supplies
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase||Buy Direct|
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.