The ISL95338EVAL1Z board evaluates the ISL95338 bidirectional buck-boost voltage regulator, which provides bidirectional buck-boost voltage regulation and protection features. Intersil's advanced R3TM Technology is used to provide high light-load efficiency, fast transient response, and seamless DCM/CCM transitions.
The ISL95338 takes input power from a wide range of DC power sources (conventional AC/DC ADPs, USB PD ports, travel ADPs, etc.) and safely converts it to a regulated voltage up to 24V. The ISL95338 also can convert a wide range DC power source connected at its output (system side) to a regulated voltage to its input (ADP side). This bidirectional buck-boost regulation feature makes its application very flexible.
The ISL95338 includes various system operation functionalities such as Forward mode enable, Reverse mode enable, programmable soft-start time, and adjustable Vout, in both forward direction and reverse direction. The protection functionalities include OCP, OVP, UVP, OTP, etc.
The ISL95338 has serial communication using SMBus/I2C that allows programming of many critical parameters to deliver a customized solution. These programming parameters include, but are not limited to: output current limit, input current limit, and output voltage setting.
- Bidirectional buck, boost, and buck-boost operation
- Input voltage range 3.8V to 24V (no dead zone)
- Output voltage up to 20V
- Up to 1MHz switching frequency
- Programmable soft-start time
- LDO output for VDD and VDDP
- System status alert function
- Bidirectional internal discharge function
- Active switching for negative voltage transitions
- Bypass mode in both directions
- Forward mode enable, Reverse mode enable
- OCP, OVP, UVP, and OTP protection
- SMBus and auto-increment I2C compatible
- Tablet, ultrabook, power bank, mobile devices, and USB-C
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.