The ISL9519EVAL1Z, ISL9519CEVAL1Z boards evaluate the ISL9519, ISL9519C narrow VDC regulator/charger with SMBus interface. These evaluation boards include a USB to SMBus interface to allow users to control the ISL9519 from a personal computer.
The ISL9519 is a highly integrated battery charger controller for Li-ion/Li-ion polymer batteries with SMBus interface controlling system voltage, charge current and input current limiting. The ISL9519C is a highly integrated narrow VDC regulator/battery charger controller for Li-ion/Li-ion polymer batteries. It has an SMBus interface and internal switching FETs that control system voltage, charge current, and input current limiting.
The ISL9519CEVAL1Z board battery charger control IC contains the N-CH MOSFETs that drive the synchronous buck converter inductor. Functionality is otherwise the same on both boards.
ISL9519 Key Features
- ±0.5% System Voltage Accuracy (-10°C to +100°C)
- ±3% Accurate Input Current Limit (-10°C to +100°C)
- ±3% Accurate Battery Charge Current Limit
- Variable Switching Frequency at Light Load Conditions for Higher Efficiency
- Fixed Frequency Operation at Higher Loads
- Trickle Charge System for Deeply Discharged Batteries
- SMBus 2-Wire Serial Interface
- Default System Voltage Values for 1-Cell, 2-Cell or 3-Cell Operation Selected by an External Pin
- Adapter In-rush FET Control
- Adapter Isolation FET Control
- Battery Short Circuit Protection
- Fast System-Load Transient Response
- Monitor Outputs
- 11-Bit Max System Voltage Setting
- 7-Bit Min System Voltage Setting
- 6-Bit Charge Current Setting: Over 8A Battery Charger Current
- 6-Bit Adapter Current Setting: Over 8A Adapter Current
- +4.5V to +22V Adapter Voltage Range
- Notebook Computers
- Tablet PCs
- Portable Equipment with Rechargeable Batteries
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.