The ISL85033 is a wide input range, dual standard buck converter that can be configured to provide a negative output voltage. The ISL85033-12VEVAL3Z evaluation board is used in this application note to demonstrate the negative configuration. In this configuration, VIN can range from 4.5V to (28V - VOUT).
The ISL85033 is offered in a 4mmx4mm 28 Ld TQFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies 6.25cm2 area.
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 4.5V to (28V - VOUT)
- Adjustable and Synchronizable Negative Output Voltage with Continuous Output Current up to 5A, depending on VOUT and VIN
- Current Mode Control
- Adjustable Switching Frequency from 300kHz to 2MHz
- Power-Good Detection (referenced to VOUT)
- Externally Adjustable Soft-start Time
- Overcurrent and Hiccup Mode Short Circuit Protection, Thermal Overload Protection, UVLO
- Boot Undervoltage Detection
- Default Out-of-phase Channels Reduce Voltage Ripple and Component Size. User-selectable Phase Operation.
- General purpose point-of-load DC/DC power conversion
- Set-top boxes
- FPGA power and STB power
- DVD and HDD drives
- LCD panels, TV power
- Cable modems
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.