The ISL8272MEVAL1Z evaluation board is a 4.7in x 4.8in 6-layer FR4 board with 2oz. copper in all layers. This evaluation board is designed to evaluate the ISL8272M step-down DC/DC power module. It comes with placeholders for pin-strap resistor population to adjust output voltage, switching frequency, softstart/stop timing and input UVLO threshold, ASCR gain and residual parameters and device PMBus™ address. More configurations, such as sequencing, Digital-DCTM (DDC) bus configuration and fault limits can be easily programmed or changed via PMBus compliant serial bus interface.
The ISL8272MEVAL2Z evaluation board has three ISL8272M modules connected in a current sharing configuration to deliver 150A continuous output current. This evaluation board comes with placeholders for pin-strap resistor to adjust output voltage, soft-start timing, input UVLO threshold, control loop response, current sharing configurations, and device PMBusTM address. More configurations, such as Digital-DCTM (DDC) bus configuration and fault limits can be easily programmed or changed via PMBus compliant serial bus interface.
The ISL8272M is a 50A step-down DC/DC power supply module with an integrated digital PWM controller, dual-phase synchronous power switches, inductors and passives. Only input, output capacitors and minimal passives are needed to finish the design. 50A of continuous output current can be delivered without a need of airflow or heatsink.
- VIN range of 4.5V to 14V, VOUT adjustable from 0.6V to 5V
- Programmable VOUT, VOUT droop, margining, input and output UVP/OVP, IOUT limit, OTP/UTP, soft-start, sequencing, and external synchronization
- Monitor: VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, switching frequency and faults
- ChargeMode™ control tunable with PMBus
- Output FETs for load transient response evaluation (lSL8272MEVAL2Z)
- Mechanical switch for enable and power-good LED indicator
- Server, telecom, storage and datacom
- Industrial/ATE and networking equipment
- General purpose power for ASIC, FPGA, DSP and memory
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.