Easily evaluate the features of the ISL8270M digital DC/DC PMBus 25A module, including compensation-free ChargeMode™ control, soft-start delay and ramp times, supply sequencing, and voltage margining.
The ISL8270MEVAL1Z evaluation board is a 3in x 4.5in 4-layer FR4 board with 2 oz. copper in all layers. This evaluation board comes with a placeholder for pin-strap resistors to adjust output voltage, switching frequency, input undervoltage (UVLO) protection threshold, and device PMBus address. Easily program or change configuration options such as soft-start and fault limits via the PMBus compliant serial bus interface.
For sequencing evaluation, this evaluation board can be connected to any Intersil digital module evaluation board that supports the Digital-DCTM (DDC) bus.
The ZLUSBEVAL3Z USB to PMBusTM adapter is provided with this evaluation kit, which connects the evaluation board to a PC to activate the PMBus communication interface. The PMBus command set is accessed by using the PowerNavigatorTM evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows.
- VIN range of 4.5V to 14V, VOUT adjustable adjustable from 0.6V to 5V
- Programmable VOUT, margining, UV/OV, IOUT limit, soft start/stop, sequencing, and external synchronization
- Monitor: VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, switching frequency and faults
- ChargeMode™ control tunable with PMBus
- Mechanical switch for enable and power-good LED indicator
- Server, telecom, storage, and datacom
- Industrial/ATE, and networking equipment
- General purpose power for ASIC, FPGA, DSP and memory
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.