The ISL8203M is a complete, dual step-down power module with integrated PWM controller, synchronous switching MOSFETs, inductors, and passives. The ISL8203M is rated for dual 3A output current or 6A current sharing operation with an input range of 2.85V to 6V. The two channels are 180° out-of-phase for input RMS current and EMI reduction.
The simplicity of the ISL8203M is its off the shelf, unassisted implementation. It is easy to apply this complete step-down power module to any low voltage low power application.
The ISL8203MEVAL2Z evaluation board is designed to demonstrate the performance of the ISL8203M. The board is by default set up to demonstrate two 3A outputs independently, and can also be easily set up for current sharing 6A by changing placeholder resistors.
- VIN range 2.85V to 6V
- VOUT adjustable 0.8V to 5V
- Peak current limiting and hiccup mode short circuit protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Internal digital soft-start
- External synchronization up to 4MHz
- Flexibility to operate in dual output mode or parallel single output mode with simple resistor changes.
- Mechanical switch for enable and power-good LED indicator
- Connectors, test points, and jumpers for easy probing
- µC/µP, FPGA and DSP power
- Plug-in DC/DC modules for routers and switchers
- Test and measurement systems
- Bar code reader
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.