The ISL78692EVAL1Z is a complete platform for the evaluation on all datasheet specifications and functionalities. The onboard 8-bit DIP switch facilitates battery charge current programming, setting EN input, temperature monitoring status, and so on. The four jumpers can set up input source selection, USB mode selection, and can be used to make other necessary connections.
The ISL78692EVAL1Z board is intended to provide an evaluation platform for the 3mmx3mm DFN ISL78692 package, single-cell Li-ion battery charger.
The device along with key components constitute a complete charger solution, demonstrating the space saving advantage of the ISL78692 in limited space applications.
- Complete charger for single-cell Li-ion batteries
- Integrated pass element and current sensor
- No external blocking diode required
- 1% voltage accuracy
- Programmable current limit up to 0.5A
- NTC thermistor interface for battery temperature monitor, 8-bit DIP switch for conveniently setting up charging current, battery thermal status, EN input, and so on.
- Different jumpers for input source selection, USB mode selection, and the convenience of current measurement.
- Test points provided for STATUS, FAULT, TIME, EN, V2P8 and TEMP functional pins to allow for monitoring the device pins.
- Board size 3.5" x 2.5" for the convenience of evaluation
- Eight thermal vias in the thermal pad
- RoHS compliant
- Automotive systems
- eCall systems
- Backup battery systems
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.