The ISL78420EVAL1Z evaluation board is designed for a user to evaluate the ISL78420 100V 2A half-bridge driver with tri-level PWM input for driving the gates of two NMOS FETs in a half-bridge configuration. These NFET MOSFETs are included on the evaluation board to evaluate a half-bridge driven load such as a DC motor or a synchronous switching regulator.
The ISL78420 is offered in a 14 Ld HTSSOP package enhanced with a thermal EPAD. It operates from a supply voltage of 8V to 14V DC with the capability of driving a highside NMOS FET in a 100V half-bridge configuration. A unique tri-level PWM input allows control of both the high and low-side gate driver with a single input. When the PWM pin is left in a floating high impedance state both gate drivers are turned off, which is beneficial for multiphase DC/DC switching that requires phase shedding.
- 2A source and sink NMOS gate drivers
- Internal level shifter and bootstrap diode for gate driver on high-side FET
- Up to 100V high-side gate drive reference
- 8V to 14V bias supply operation
- Single PWM input for high-side and low-side gate driver with tri-level for turning off both drivers
- Single resistor adjustable dead time from 35ns to 220ns
- Automotive applications
- Multiphase boost (ISL78220/225)
- Half-bridge DC/DC converter
- Class-D amplifiers
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.