The ISL68201-99125DEMO1Z is a 6-layer board demonstrating a compact 13mmx13mm 16A synchronous buck converter. Transient performance, fault protections, DC/AC regulations, PMBus programming, power sequencing, margining and other features can be evaluated using this board.
The ISL68201 is a single-phase synchronous buck PWM controller featuring Intersil's proprietary R4™ Technology, which has extremely fast transient performance, accurately regulated frequency control and all internal compensation. The ISL68201 supports a wide 4.5V to 24V input voltage range and a wide 0.5V to 5.5V output range. It includes programmable functions and telemetries for easy use and high system flexibility using SMBus, PMBus, or I2C interface.
The ISL99125B is a DrMOS power stage compatible with Intersil's 5V PWM controllers. They use DCR sensing network and associated thermal compensation. Light-load efficiency is supported via a dedicated FCCM control pin. An industry leading thermally enhanced 3.5x5 QFN 24 Ld package allows minimal overall PCB real estate.
The PMBus dongle (ZLUSBEVAL3Z), i.e., USB-to-PMBus™ adapter, and USB cable are included in the demonstration kit. Download PowerNavigator™ software to evaluate the full PMBus functionality of the ISL68201.
- 16A synchronous buck converter with PMBus control
- On-board transient load with adjustable di/dt
- Configurable through resistor pins
- Cascadable PMBus connectors
- Integrated LDOs for single rail solution
- Enable switch and power-good indicator
- All ceramics solution with SP capacitor footprint option
- High-efficiency and high-density VRM and VRD
- Core, graphic, and memory regulators for microprocessors
- High-density VR for server, networking, and cloud computing
- POL DC/DC converters and video gaming consoles
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.