The ISL6115EVAL1Z and ISL6115AEVAL1Z evaluation boards are default provided as +12V high side switch controllers with the CR level set at ~1.5A (ISL6115EVAL1Z) or ~2.5A (ISL6115AEVAL1Z)
Bias and load connection points are provided along with test points for each IC pin. With J1 installed the ISL6115/A will be biased from the +12V supply (VIN) being switched. Connect the load to VLOAD+. PWRON pin pulls high internally enabling the ISL6115/A if not driven low via PWRON test point or J2.
With R3 = 750Ω the CR Vth is set to 15mV and with the 10mΩ sense resistor (R1) the ISL6115EVAL1Z has a nominal CR level of 1.5A. The 0.01µF delay time to latch-off capacitor results in a nominal 1ms before latch-off of output after an OC event.
With R3 = 1.24kΩ the CR Vth is set to 24.8mV and with the 10mΩ sense resistor (R1) the ISL6115AEVAL1Z has a nominal CR level of 2.5~A. The 0.01µF delay time to latch-off capacitor results in a nominal 1ms before latch-off of output after an OC event.
Also included with the ISL6115EVAL1Z board are one each of the ISL6116, ISL6117 and ISL6120 for evaluation of those ICs in a high side application. Remove J1 and provide a separate +12V IC bias supply via VBIAS test point.
Reconfiguring the ISL6115EVAL1Z and ISL6115AEVAL1Z boards for a higher CR level can be done by changing the RSENSE and/or RISET resistor values as the provided FET is rated for a much higher current.
- HOT SWAP Single Power Distribution Control
- Overcurrent Fault Isolation
- Programmable Current Regulation Level
- Programmable Current Regulation Time to Latch-Off
- Rail-to-Rail Common Mode Input Voltage Range
- Internal Charge Pump Allows the Use of N-Channel MOSFET for +12V Control
- Undervoltage and Overcurrent Latch Indicators
- Adjustable Turn-On Ramp
- Protection During Turn-On
- Two Levels of Overcurrent Detection Provide Fast Response to Varying Fault Conditions
- 1μs Response Time to Dead Short
- Pb-Free Available (RoHS Compliant)
- Power Distribution Control
- Hot Plug Components and Circuit
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.