The ISL32740EVAL1Z board enables the evaluation of the ISL32740EIBZ isolated, half-duplex RS-485 transceiver in a typical bus node application, used in isolated industrial networks.
The ISL32741E is a galvanically isolated, high-speed differential bus transceiver, and provides 40Mbps bidirectional data communication for Industrial IoT networks. The device uses Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR) as its isolation technology.
The ISL32741E offers 1,000VRMS working voltage and 6kV of reinforced isolation, more than 2x higher than competitive solutions. The higher working voltage and reinforced isolation is required for today’s most rigorous medical and high-speed motor control applications. The ISL32741E is PROFIBUS compliant, including the rigorous PROFIBUS differential output voltage specifications.
- Drive capability of up to 160x1/5UL-transceivers
- Isolated 3.3V to 5V DC/DC converter with regulated output
- 40Mbps data rate
- 6kVRMS isolation/1000VRMS working voltage
- 12.8kV surge immunity
- 3V to 5V power supplies
- 20ns propagation delay
- 5ns pulse skew
- 50kV/μs (typical), 30kV/μs (minimum) common-mode transient immunity
- 15kV ESD protection
- Low EMC footprint
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Temperature ranges available
- -40°C to +85°C (EIBZ) and -40°C to +125°C (EFBZ)
- Meets or exceeds ANSI RS-485 and ISO 8482:1987(E)
- PROFIBUS compliant
- 0.3” true 8mm 16 Ld SOICW package
- UL 1577 Certification pending
- VDE V 0884-10 certification pending
- PROFIBUS-DP and RS-485 networks
- Factory automation
- Building environmental control systems
- Industrial/process control networks
- Equipment covered under IEC 61010-1 Edition 3
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.