The ISL1904DEMO1Z demo board converts a high line AC input voltage to a 18V, 700mA DC output. It is implemented with Intersil’s critical conduction mode (CrCM) LED driver controller, the ISL1904. It demonstrates the fundamental functions of ISL1904, including soft-start, dimming, over-voltage protection, short circuit protection, etc.
The circuit operates in CrCM with variable frequency and allows near zero-voltage switching (ZVS). Typical efficiency is about 81% at full load. The ISL1904DEMO1Z demo board supports phase dimming and is compatible with wide variety of leading and trailing edge dimmers available in the market. This application note covers the performance data, critical waveforms, extensive dimming data, schematics, layout and bill of materials.
- Input voltage VIN: 176V to 264V
- Output voltage VO: 12V to 20V
- Output current IO: 700mA (14W)
- Board dimensions: 68×26×15mm3 (L×W×H)
- Input power factor greater than 0.93 at nominal
- Total harmonic distortion less than 7% at nominal
- Peak efficiency at full load: 81%
- 0-100% flicker free dimming with leading and trailing edge dimmers
- Industrial and commercial LED lighting
- Retrofit LED lamps with triac dimming
- Universal AC mains input LED retrofit lamps
- AC or DC Input LED ballasts
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.