ISL91110 and ISL91110IR are capable of delivering at least 2A continuous output current (VOUT = 3.3V) over a battery voltage range of 2.5V to 4.35V. This maximizes the energy utilization of advanced single-cell Li-ion battery chemistries that have significant capacity left at voltages below the system voltage. Their fully synchronous low ON-resistance 4-switch architecture and a low quiescent current of only 35μA optimize efficiency under all load conditions.
ISL91110 and ISL91110IR support standalone applications with a fixed 3.3V or 3.5V output voltage or adjustable output voltage with an external resistor divider. Output voltages as low as 1.0V or as high as 5.2V are supported.
ISL91110 and ISL91110IR require only a single inductor and very few external components. Power supply solution size is minimized by its 2.5MHz switching frequency, allowing small size external components.
The ISL91110 is available in a 25-bump, 0.4mm pitch WLCSP (2.33mmx2.07mm) and the ISL91110IR is available in a 4mmx4mm, 20 Ld TQFN package.
- Accepts input voltages above or below regulated output voltage
- Automatic and seamless transitions between buck and boost modes
- Input voltage range: 1.8V to 5.5V
- Output current: up to 2A (PVIN = 3.4V, VOUT = 5V) (ISL91110IR only)
- Output current: up to 2A (PVIN = 2.5V, VOUT = 3.3V) (ISL91110 and ISL91110IR)
- Burst current: up to 3A (PVIN = 3V, VOUT = 3.3V, tON < 600μs, t = 4.6ms)
- High efficiency: up to 96%
- High efficiency: up to 95% (ISL91110IR only)
- 35μA quiescent current maximizes light- load efficiency
- 2.5MHz switching frequency minimizes external component size
- Fully protected for short-circuit, over-temperature, and undervoltage
- Small 2.33mmx2.07mm WLCSP (ISL91110 only)
- Small 4mmx4mm 20 Ld TQFN package (ISL91110IR only)
Design Resources and Tools