The ISL8022 has a user configurable mode of operation-forced PWM mode and PFM/PWM mode. The forced PWM mode operation reduces noise and RF interference while the PFM mode operation provides high efficiency by reducing switching losses at light loads. In PFM mode of operation, both channels draw a total quiescent current of only 40µA, hence enabling high light load efficiency in order to maximize battery life.
The ISL8022 offers a 1ms Power-Good (PG) to monitor both outputs at power-up. When shutdown, ISL8022 discharges the outputs capacitor. Other features include internal digital soft-start, enable for power sequence, overcurrent protection, and thermal shutdown. The ISL8022 is offered in a 4mmx3mm 12 Ld DFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies less than 1.8cm2 area.
- Dual 2A/1.7A high efficiency synchronous buck regulator with up to 97% efficiency, low iq (40µA)
- 180° out-of-phase
- Start-up with pre-biased output
- Selectable forced PWM mode and PFM mode
- External synchronization up to 8MHz
- Negative current detection and protection
- 100% maximum duty cycle for lowest dropout
- Internal current mode compensation
- Peak current limiting, hiccup mode short circuit protection and over-temperature protection
- Pb-free (RoHs compliant)
Design Resources and Tools