The ISL8009A integrates a pair of low ON-resistance P-Channel and N-Channel internal MOSFETs to maximize efficiency and minimize external component count. The 100% duty-cycle operation allows less than 400mV dropout voltage at 1.5A output current.
The ISL8009A offers a 2ms Power-On-Reset (POR) timer at power-up. The timer output can be reset by RSI. When shutdown, ISL8009A discharges the output capacitor through a 100Ω resistor. Other features include internal digital soft-start, enable for power sequence, overcurrent protection, and thermal shutdown.
The ISL8009A is offered in a 2mmx3mm 8 Ld DFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies less than 1cm2 area.
- High Efficiency Synchronous Buck Regulator with up to 95% Efficiency
- 2ms Reset Timer
- 2.7V to 5.5V Supply Voltage
- 3% Output Accuracy Over-Temperature/Load/Line
- 1.5A Guaranteed Output Current
- 17µA Quiescent Supply Current in PFM Mode
- Selectable Forced PWM Mode and PFM Mode
- Less Than 1µA Logic Controlled Shutdown Current
- 90% Maximum Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout at 1.5A
- Internal Current Mode Compensation
- Internal Digital Soft-Start
- Peak Current Limiting, Short Circuit Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Soft Discharge Disable
- Small 8 Ld 2mmx3mm DFN
- Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
Design Resources and Tools