For example, the HIP4081A can drive medium voltage brush motors, and two HIP4081As can be used to drive high performance stepper motors, since the short minimum "on-time" can provide fine micro-stepping capability.
Short propagation delays of approximately 55ns maximizes control loop crossover frequencies and dead-times which can be adjusted to near zero to minimize distortion, resulting in rapid, precise control of the driven load.
A similar part, the HIP4080A, includes an on-chip input comparator to create a PWM signal from an external triangle wave and to facilitate "hysteresis mode" switching.
- Independently Drives 4 N-Channel FET in Half Bridge or Full Bridge Configurations
- Bootstrap Supply Max Voltage to 95VDC
- Drives 1000pF Load at 1MHz in Free Air at 50°C with Rise and Fall Times of Typically 10ns
- User-Programmable Dead Time
- On-Chip Charge-Pump and Bootstrap Upper Bias Supplies
- DIS (Disable) Overrides Input Control
- Input Logic Thresholds Compatible with 5V to 15V Logic Levels
- Very Low Power Consumption
- Undervoltage Protection
- Pb-free Available