The RAA210850 is a pin-strap configurable 50A step-down PMBus-compliant DC/DC power supply module that integrates a digital PWM controller, synchronous MOSFETs, power inductor, and passive components. Only input and output capacitors are needed to finish the design. Because of its thermally enhanced HDA packaging technology, the module can deliver up to 50A of continuous output current without the need for airflow or additional heat sinking. The RAA210850 simplifies configuration and control of Renesas digital power technology while offering an upgrade path to full PMBus configuration through the pin-compatible ISL8272M.
The RAA210850 operates with the ChargeMode™ control architecture, which responds to a transient load within a single switching cycle. The RAA210850 can be easily programmed with pin-strap resistors to set the output voltage, switching frequency, input UVLO, soft-start/stop, and device addresses. PMBus can be used to monitor voltages, currents, temperatures, and fault status. The RAA210850 is supported by PowerNavigator™ software, a Graphical User Interface (GUI), that can configure modules for desired solutions.
The RAA210850 is available in a low profile, compact, (18mmx23mmx7.5mm) fully encapsulated, thermally enhanced HDA package, suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment.
- Wide input voltage range: 4.5V to 14V
- Up to 96% efficiency
- Programmable output voltage
- 0.6V to 5V output voltage settings
- ±1.2% VOUT accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- PMBus compliant communication interface
- Pin-strap mode for standard settings
- VOUT, switching frequency, input UVLO, soft-start/stop, and external synchronization
- Real-time telemetry for VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, and switching frequency
- Complete overvoltage, undervoltage, current and temperature protections with fault logging
- PowerNavigator supported
- Thermally enhanced HDA package