The RAA210833 is a pin-strap-configurable 33A step-down PMBus-compliant DC/DC power supply module that integrates a digital PWM controller, synchronous MOSFETs, power inductor, and passive components. Only input and output capacitors are needed to finish the design. Because of its thermally enhanced HDA packaging technology, the module can deliver up to 33A of continuous output current without the need for airflow or additional heat sinking. The RAA210833 simplifies configuration and control of Renesas digital power technology while offering an upgrade path to full PMBus configuration through the pin-compatible ISL8278M.
The RAA210833 uses ChargeMode™ control architecture, which responds to a transient load within a single switching cycle. The RAA210833 comes with a preprogrammed configuration for operating in a pin-strap mode. Output voltage, switching frequency, input UVLO, soft-start/stop delay and ramp times, and the device SMBus address can be programmed with external pin-strap resistors. A standard PMBus interface addresses fault management, as well as real-time full telemetry and point-of-load monitoring.
The RAA210833 is available in a 41 Ld compact 17mm x 19mm HDA module with a very low profile height of 3.6mm, suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The RAA210833 is RoHS compliant by exemption.
- 33A single channel output current
- Wide VIN range: 4.5V to 14V
- Programmable output voltage
- 0.6V to 5V output voltage settings
- ±1.2% accuracy over line/load/temperature
- PMBus Interface and/or Pin-strap mode
- Pin-strap mode for standard settings
- VOUT, switching frequency, input UVLO, soft-start/stop, and external sync
- Real time telemetry for VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, and switching frequency.
- ChargeMode control loop architecture
- 296kHz to 1.06MHz fixed switching frequency operations
- No compensation required
- Fast single clock cycle transient response
- Complete input and output over/undervoltage, output current, and temperature protections with fault logging
- PowerNavigator supported
- Thermally enhanced HDA package
Design Resources and Tools
Featured White Papers
Industry-Leading 10A and 15A Fully Encapsulated PMBus Power Modules
The ISL828xM hybrid digital and ISL821xM analog power modules feature integrated LDOs that enable single-supply operation. They leverage Renesas’ patented R4™ high-speed control loop architecture with inherent line voltage feed-forward, providing designers a unique combination of ultra-fast load transient response and high noise immunity. Their proprietary Grid HDA package offers unmatched electrical and thermal performance through a single-layer conductive package substrate that efficiently transfers heat from the module to the system board, and dissipates it without requiring airflow or heatsinks – even under heavy load conditions.
Key Features of the Newest Power Module Family
|Load Current (A)||15||10||15||10|
|Minimum VIN (V)||4.5||4.5||4.5||4.5|
|Maximum VIN (V)||16.5||16.5||16.5||16.5|
|Minimum VOUT (V)||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|Maximum VOUT (V)||5||5||5||5|
|Peak Efficiency (%)||95.2||95.2||95.2||95.2|
|Minimum Switching Frequency (kHz)||255||255||255||255|
|Maximum Switching Frequency (kHz)||1130||1130||1130||1130|