2-cell Li-ion and Li-Polymer based portable applications.
The device features synchronous PWM technology, maximizing power efficiency, thus minimizing charge time and heat. The 1.2MHz switching frequency allows use of small external inductors and capacitors.
A simple charge current programming method is provided. External resistors program the fast charge and end-of-charge currents.
The two status outputs can be used to drive LEDs, or can be connected to host processor.
A programmable charge timer provides the ability to detect defective batteries, and provides a secondary method of detecting charge termination.
A thermistor interface is provided for battery presence detection, and for temperature qualified charging conditions.
Additional features include preconditioning of an over-discharged battery, automatic recharge, and thermally enhanced QFN package.
- Highly Integrated Battery Charger IC
- Charges 1- and 2-Cell Li-ion or Li-Polymer Batteries
- Up to 2A Charge Current
- Synchronous Buck Topology with Integrated Power FETs
- 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- 0.5% Charge Voltage Accuracy
- Programmable Input Current Limit with One External Resistor
- Thermistor Interface for Battery Detection and Temperature Qualified Charging
- Two Status Outputs
- Programmable Charge Safety Timer
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
- Small 4mmx4mm TQFN Package
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range