The constant output voltage can be selected for 2, 3 and 4 series Li-Ion cells with 0.5% accuracy over temperature. It can also be programmed between 4.2V+5%/cell and 4.2V-5%/cell to optimize battery capacity. When supplying the load and battery charger simultaneously, the input current limit for the AC adapter is programmable to within 3% accuracy to avoid overloading the AC adapter, and to allow the system to make efficient use of available adapter power for charging. It also has a wide range of programmable charging current. The ISL6255 and ISL6255A provide outputs that are used to monitor the current drawn from the AC adapter, and monitor for the presence of an AC adapter. The ISL6255 and ISL6255A automatically transition from regulating current mode to regulating voltage mode.
ISL6255 and ISL6255A have a feature for automatic power source selection by switching to the battery when the AC adapter is removed or switching to the AC adapter when the AC adapter is available. It also provides a DC adapter monitor to support aircraft power applications with the option of no battery charging.
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Accuracy (-10oC to +100oC)
- ±3% Accurate Input Current Limit
- ±3% Accurate Battery Charge Current Limit
- ±25% Accurate Battery Trickle Charge Current Limit (ISL6255A)
- Programmable Charge Current Limit, Adapter Current Limit and Charge Voltage
- Fixed 300kHz PWM Synchronous Buck Controller with Diode Emulation at Light Load
- Output for Current Drawn from AC Adapter
- AC Adapter Present Indicator
- Fast Input Current Limit Response
- Input Voltage Range 7V to 25V
- Support 2, 3 and 4 Cells Battery Pack
- Up to 17.64V Battery-Voltage Set Point
- Control Adapter Power Source Select MOSFET
- Thermal Shutdown
- Aircraft Power Capable
- DC Adapter Present Indicator
- Battery Discharge MOSFET Control
- Less than 10µA Battery Leakage Current
- Support Pulse Charging
- Charge Any Battery Chemistry: Li-Ion, NiCd, NiMH, etc.
- Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)