The RAJ240045DNP is a Li-ion battery management and fuel gauge IC that supports two to four series connected cells. This device provides complete battery and pack monitoring and control, including automatic shutdown and recovery from out-of-bounds conditions, automatic cell balancing, and high accuracy remaining state of charge reporting.
The RAJ24045 combines an RL78 MCU and tailored analog front end to serve as a programmable standalone battery management solution.
- Two to four cell voltage monitors support various Li-ion chemistries
- Flexible, stand-alone pack control with built-in microcontroller
- Programmable voltage protection and overcurrent protection levels
- Programmable detection/recovery times for overvoltage, undervoltage, overcurrent, and short-circuit conditions
- Integrated charge/discharge FET drive circuitry with a built-in charge pump supports high-side N-channel FETs
- Automatic cell balancing using internal FETs
- Multiple low power modes
- Charge or discharge current detection resumes normal scan rates