The SH7457 and 7459 Groups are high-performance RISC microcontrollers embedded with an 32-bit SH-4A CPU core.
They have a maximum operating frequency of 240 MHz, CPU performance of over 432 MIPS, support single and double-precision floating point arithmetic operations, and achieve a maximum single-precision performance of 1.68 GFLOPS.
They incorporate enhanced communication functions required for in-vehicle networks, such as 4 channels of CAN and 2 channels of FlexRay. The SH7457 and SH7459 also incorporate camera interface functions required for in-vehicle camera control such as DRI interface (2 channels) and I2C-bus interface (1 channel), and components required for in-vehicle millimeter wave systems such as PDAC, PSEL, and DRI circuits, Timer unit TMU (3 channels), and multifunction timer unit ATU-IIIS (59 channels). Furthermore, an on-chip inter-board communication function for multi-CPU configurations enables higher performance driver-assist systems.
- Operating frequency: 240 MHz
- CPU: 432 MIPS, FPU: 1.68 GFLOPS
- On-chip large capacity memory
- ROM: 1MB (SH7457), 1.5MB (SH7459)
- RAM: 256 KB + 8 KB + 16 KB (Total: 280 KB) (SH7457), 512 KB + 8 KB + 16 KB (Total: 536 KB) (SH7459)
high-speed RAM for instruction: 8 KB, high-speed RAM for data: 16 KB, medium-speed large capacity RAM: 256 KB (SH7457), 512KB (SH7459)
- Cache memory: divided into 32 Kbytes instruction and 32 Kbytes data, 4-way set associative
- FlexRay*module (compliant with FlexRay 2.1 specifications): 1 module (2 ch)
- Peripheral functions
- Timer ATU-IIIS: 59 ch
- A/D converter: 12-bit, 16 ch (8 + 8) 2 modules
- Direct memory access controller (DMAC): 12 ch
- Direct RAM input interface (DRI): 2 ch
- Direct RAM output interface (DRO): 1 ch
- Parallel DAC control interface (PDAC): 1 ch
- Parallel selector (PSEL): 1 ch
- Serial communication interface: 7 ch
- Controller area network (CAN): 4 ch (64 message slot）
- Clock generator: multiplication PLL
- On-chip debugging function (H-UDI)
- RAM monitor function (AUDR)
- Package: BGA176 (13 mm x 13 mm, 0.8 mm pin pitch
*FlexRay is a registered trademark of Daimler Chrysler AG. Only the SH7450 has 1module (2 ch).
Pin Count / Memory Size Lineup:
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
You can find an explanation of orderable part numbers here.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|
Hardware Design Support
|IBIS/BSDL||IBIS standard simulation data is required for high-speed board design and can be used to run simulations to examine and troubleshoot issues such as waveform reflection, ringing, and so on, before producing the actual board.
BSDL is a data input format supported by most IEEE 1149.1 (JTAG)-compliant tools. The automatic test pattern generation (ATPG) and automatic test equipment functions of these tools facilitate testing.
The information contained herein has been provided by a member of Renesas Partners. This information is provided on the Renesas website provided for convenience and informational purposes only. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of this page or any changes or updates to the information posted on this page. Certain links provided herein permit you to leave this site and enter non-Renesas sites. These linked sites are not under control of Renesas. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Renesas of any linked site.
Renesas's Publication of information regarding third-party products or services does not constitute an endorsement regarding the suitability of such products or services or a warranty, representation or endorsement of such products or services either alone or in combination with any of Renesas's product or service.