Fall detection solution to identify fall events from other daily activities such as walking, running, sitting, and climbing stairs. The system comprised of Renesas RE Family’s ultra-low current consumption MCU and 3-axis accelerometer; MCU receives real-time accelerometer data during the fall and runs the algorithm to identify the fall.
- Fall detection can be configured for Object fall or Human fall
- RE MCU will operate in 3 different power modes to minimize the current consumption
- RE MCU stays in minimum power standby mode with 0.5uA current consumption for most of the time, when there is no activities (Human/Object movements)
- After wakeup from standby mode, Fall detection algorithm runs to read and analyze the accelerometer sensor data to detect the free fall
- Algorithm will capture 600 samples of accelerometer values in iteration.
- To increase the accuracy, fall detection algorithm uses both LFT and UFT comparison.