The PTX100R NFC reader has an innovative architecture and includes a set of facilities to make integrating third-party EMV L2 stacks fast and easy. It comes equipped with rich debugging capabilities for rapid prototyping for point-of-sale (POS), mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) and SmartPOS solutions.
Renesas and Panthronics have developed a new mobile point of sales (mPOS) system design for EMVCo-compliant contactless payment terminal featuring both the PTX100R NFC Reader and Renesas RA6M4 MCU which has an Arm® Cortex®-M33 CPU with TrustZone technology and integrated security IP that performs all the cryptographic, key management and other security functions required for compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards and the EMVCo Level 2 standard. EMVCo Level 1-compliant software runs in the PTX100R.
For more information, including test and review of the mPOS system, please contact your local Renesas sales office.
- Small and cost efficient Hardware design
- Renesas standard MCU RA6M4 + Panthronics PTX100R NFC Reader IC
- Build in Security features of the Renesas MCU eliminate the demand for an external secure device
- Application example build on an EMV Kernel
- EMVCo level 1 certification passed
- EMVCo level 2 certification ready
- Point of sales systems
- Mobile payment devices